Through our own team of consultants, staff and trainers – and through dedicated alliances and consortia that we form to suit our clients’ needs.
Measuring and evaluating organisational and health system performance is the core business of IHCA. Other services to clients have included:
- Advice in health service management
- Strategic and operational planning
- Development of governance systems
- Providing guidance and assistance to implement systems and processes to support achievement of accreditation
- System performance and relationship management with funding bodies.
The IHCA has partnered with a number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and examples of specific partnerships are:
- Provision of Financial Administrator and Health Management Adviser services at the Ampilatwatja Health Centre Aboriginal Corporation.
- OATSIH funded Quality Improvement Initiatives workshops for Aboriginal Community Controlled Health and Substance Use Services in Darwin, Port Augusta and Perth.
- Facilitation of strategic and operational planning to The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Service Brisbane Limited.
- Guidance and assistance over many years to the Goondir Health Services Limited, to assist the service to implement systems and processes required by standards.
- The development of evidence guides for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Home and Community Care service providers to enable them implement more easily the requirements of the assessment process.
- Provided independent health management advice in relation to transition strategies related to managing current risks and management of service delivery programs.
- Facilitated a number of gap reviews for funded service providers in relation to the Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) requirements also against the Community Care Common Standards (CCCS).