We have a board of independent directors to oversee the management of governance matters, help with enhancing understanding of our operations, and facilitate work with other organisations.
Our directors are:
- Mr Richard Silver (Chair) former Director, Australian Government Solicitor
- Emeritus Professor Robert Bush, Healthy Communities Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Queensland
- Ms Gloria Wallace, former senior health executive with Queensland Health
- Ms Robynne Kent, Chief Executive Officer, Canossa Care
- Professor Michael Whitby, Consultant Physician.
The primary responsibilities of the Board include:
- approving the Directors’ annual report, including the annual financial statements report
- establishing long-term goals for the company and the strategic plans to achieve these
- reviewing and adopting annual budgets for the financial performance of the company and monitoring the results at bi-monthly meetings
- ensuring the company has implemented adequate systems of internal controls together with appropriate monitoring of compliance activities
- delegating powers to the Chief Executive Officer and other staff in relation to the business and operations of the company
- establishing succession plans to manage the company.